One of the finest investments I can think of is installing solar panels in Ocala, Florida. Your solar panels will pay for themselves considerably faster than they would in certain states, thanks to the state’s *LOTS* of incentives for residents who wish to go solar. Just a few advantages of getting solar in Florida are as follows:
- Florida has statewide net metering legislation, which helps assure the accuracy of your readings. Net metering is what enables your solar panels to flow power back into the grid, giving you credits on subsequent bills.
- Statewide Interconnection Standards: By connecting your solar energy system to the grid, which is how it feeds power back into the grid, you may do it more quickly, easily, and affordably. These requirements are obviously crucial for anyone looking to install a solar power system.
- Performance-based incentives are the means through which the energy you generate will be applied to your electric bills. When you don’t create more power than you need, most utilities will give you credits on future bills for the kilowatt hours you feed back into the system.
- Florida Property Tax Exemption: Your property’s value cannot be evaluated as a result of the installation of solar panels, preventing an increase in your property taxes.
- Florida Sales Tax Exemption: Buying and installing a solar power system are exempt from Florida state sales taxes, which can result in savings of at least a few hundred dollars.
- You may deduct 26% of the overall cost of your system and its installation from your federal taxes, which could result in thousands of dollars in savings.
Solar Source reviews
Goldin Solar reviews
Unicity Solar reviews
- Most efficient panels on the market
- National coverage
- Cradle to Cradle sustainability certification
- Great warranty coverage
- Customer service varies by local dealer
- Many financing options
- Family-owned and -operated
- Makes charitable contributions
- Limited service area
- Relatively short workmanship warranty
Goldin Solar is a solar energy contractor in South Florida. They were established in Miami and are dedicated to guiding the South Florida community in the switch to sustainable energy. Goldin Solar is committed to helping both people and the environment in which they live. Using the greatest materials on the market, they only produce installations of the highest caliber, drawing on our solid engineering and construction backgrounds. They collaborate with clients to link systems that quickly pay back the investment and develop into assets with significant returns by installing cost-effective, high-performance systems.
Why not lower your electricity bill? Goldin Solar is here to turn your rooftop into a clean energy source of income.
- Comprehensive service offerings
- Offers products from leading manufacturers
- NABCEP-certified technicians
- Relatively young company
- Slightly limited service area
- Affordable solar solutions
- Long company history
- Great warranty coverage
- Installs many top-tier brands
- Full-service company
- No leases or PPAs accepted
- Large company size sometimes leads to below-average customer service
- Great customer service
- Certified SunPower dealer
- Relatively affordable
- Many years of experience
- Only one equipment brand offered
- Relatively small service area
Cost of Solar Power in Ocala
In Ocala, solar panels are less expensive than the national average, costing between $2.28 and $2.48 per watt. Depending on the size of your home system, a 250-watt solar panel will cost between $570 and $620, and you’ll need between 20 and 30 panels to be self-sufficient. As a result, your solar panel expenses would likely range between $18,600 and $11,400. Now, I know this sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but there are two things you need to know: #1, the state of Florida has many incentives in place that could lower your initial cost by thousands of dollars; and #2, your solar panels will pay for themselves in Florida more quickly than in many other places.
If you reside in Florida, there are several financial advantages to switching to solar power. Solar panels are a smart investment, even without the sun’s constant illumination of your home, and this is why.
- Net meters
- Credit for Federal Solar Investment
- Real Estate Tax Exemption
- Sales Tax Exemption in Florida
Net meters. In Ocala, net metering returns power to individual houses. They can credit their accounts and resell any extra solar power generated back to the source. When the sun sets at night or if it’s unusually overcast (and you don’t have a backup battery), homeowners may use those credits and avoid paying for the electricity they consume.
When was your energy provider last given you that type of power?
Capital Gains Tax Credit (ITC). The cost of home solar panel arrays might be decreased by 30% thanks to the ITC or solar tax credit. This tax rate is valid for solar power systems put in place through the end of 2032 and is retroactive to arrays put in place before the law’s passing in 2022. In 2033 and 2034, the rate will drop to 26% and 22%, respectively.
Solar Panels Raise Ocala Home Value. The data was unambiguous in two distinct investigations conducted by the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and the Department of Energy and Berkeley Laboratory. For every dollar you save on your utility bill, solar panels typically provide $20 worth of value. So if solar panels enabled you to save $200 each month on your power bill, your property would now be worth an additional $4000.
Furthermore, houses with solar panels often had higher asking prices than houses without. Approximately $4/watt, which, depending on your house and solar system, equals $15,000 for domestic use.
Your house will likely sell more quickly if solar panels are installed. Another NREL research indicated that solar properties sold 20% more quickly and earned around 17% more at closing.
All of this implies that solar panels increase the value of properties in Ocala, Florida. Additionally, residents won’t be required to pay additional taxes on the increased value of their properties as a result of the installation of solar panels.
Tax Exemption on Sales. Another thing in Ocala that you shouldn’t pay for! Due to the rise in value, you will not only be able to sell your house for more money, but you will also avoid paying sales tax on your new solar system (and batteries, if you choose.) Consider how many flights you might purchase at Corkscrew Winery with an additional 6% of your budget!
Any legally enforceable agreement between HOAs or other groups that restricts a property owner from installing solar panels is prohibited by Florida Statute 163.04, the Florida Solar Rights Act. Period. They can try to tell you where to put them on your roof (perhaps the HOA doesn’t want them in plain view). Still, they can’t stop you from installing solar panels on your roof that are the most efficient for you if their preferred location or requirements don’t meet an orientation to the south or within 45° east or west of due south.