One of the finest investments I can think of is installing solar panels in Ocala, Florida. Your solar panels will pay for themselves considerably faster than they would in certain states, thanks to the state’s *LOTS* of incentives for residents who wish to go solar. Just a few advantages of getting solar in Florida are as follows:
- Florida has statewide net metering legislation, which helps assure the accuracy of your readings. Net metering is what enables your solar panels to flow power back into the grid, giving you credits on subsequent bills.
- Statewide Interconnection Standards: By connecting your solar energy system to the grid, which is how it feeds power back into the grid, you may do it more quickly, easily, and affordably. These requirements are obviously crucial for anyone looking to install a solar power system.
- Performance-based incentives are the means through which the energy you generate will be applied to your electric bills. When you don’t create more power than you need, most utilities will give you credits on future bills for the kilowatt hours you feed back into the system.
- Florida Property Tax Exemption: Your property’s value cannot be evaluated as a result of the installation of solar panels, preventing an increase in your property taxes.
- Florida Sales Tax Exemption: Buying and installing a solar power system are exempt from Florida state sales taxes, which can result in savings of at least a few hundred dollars.
- You may deduct 26% of the overall cost of your system and its installation from your federal taxes, which could result in thousands of dollars in savings.
Solar Source, a certified solar contractor with a focus on residential, commercial, and industrial installations, was established in 1984. Since its founding, over 60,000 customers have placed their faith in Solar Source, making it Florida’s most highly rated solar firm by roofers, builders, and homeowners. These accolades were attained via a persistent dedication to premium products, outstanding service, and dependable support.
They stand out because of their unwavering dedication to high-quality solar energy solutions and world-class service. Solar Source offers the best solar solutions to make sure you’re saving green—both for the environment and your wallet—whether you’re collecting solar energy for your house or your company.
Solar Source will help you save money and provide you with a new, hassle-free method to go solar, thanks to their limited lifetime warranty and decades of experience.
Solar Source advantages:
- Best-in-class tools. All of the parts are top-notch systems built to withstand the harsh weather in Florida and the Caribbean. Roofers use Solar Source because, unlike our rivals, we install using trusses, permanently eradicating leaks.
- Highly skilled professionals. Before allowing them to apply for advanced roles, they employ highly qualified internal technicians and put them through at least six months of rigorous training.
- Safety. They comply with the strictest safety regulations and are licensed and insured since protecting our crew, and your property is our first concern. Our installers get safety-related training, and each vehicle is outfitted with essential protective gear.
- Most efficient panels on the market
- National coverage
- Cradle to Cradle sustainability certification
- Great warranty coverage
- Customer service varies by local dealer
One of the most favored and reputable solar panel and solar installation firms in Central Florida is SunVena. SunVena providers strive to give a remarkable solar experience without the drawn-out, complicated sales pitch. They have designed a straightforward, approachable, and informative sales process that will provide you comfort, confidence, and clarity at every stage.
The effects of this tried-and-true method are seen in the enduring bonds they’ve forged with our solar clients, who keep referring their friends and family to the company.
SunVena is totally committed to providing the best possible client experience throughout the whole transaction. If any element of the procedure is not perfect, they will not only correct the issue but also go above and beyond to make it right. They take pleasure in managing all areas of operation without the use of subcontractors, from educating homeowners to designing and promptly implementing your customized system.
It is a company dedicated to providing top-notch solar goods with the most skilled design and installation crew in the business as a leading Orlando solar energy provider. The systems are made to function for many years. They provide the top technology at competitive rates, and everything is covered by a 25-year warranty. By cutting out the middlemen and selling straight to you, they can offer competitive prices on great items while passing through enormous cost savings.
- Many financing options
- Family-owned and -operated
- Makes charitable contributions
- Limited service area
- Relatively short workmanship warranty
Goldin Solar is a solar energy contractor in South Florida. They were established in Miami and are dedicated to guiding the South Florida community in the switch to sustainable energy. Goldin Solar is committed to helping both people and the environment in which they live. Using the greatest materials on the market, they only produce installations of the highest caliber, drawing on our solid engineering and construction backgrounds. They collaborate with clients to link systems that quickly pay back the investment and develop into assets with significant returns by installing cost-effective, high-performance systems.
Why not lower your electricity bill? Goldin Solar is here to turn your rooftop into a clean energy source of income.
- Comprehensive service offerings
- Offers products from leading manufacturers
- NABCEP-certified technicians
- Relatively young company
- Slightly limited service area
Unicity Solar has risen to the top as an industry leader in the sector as a result of its commitment to offering consumers straightforward, cost-effective energy solutions and its focus on customer service. From the first site assessment through the bespoke engineering, permits, system installation, and activation, they manage the entire process. The welcoming staff members are situated in the USA and are available to you around the clock to make sure your switch to renewable energy is smooth and joyful.
You need to choose wisely when making a choice that will have an impact on your life for the following 25 years. The company is adamant about taking care of our clients for as long as they own Solar. That implies they will still be there for you 1, 5, or 25 years after installation. They are pleased to provide complete peace of mind when you choose to go solar. You can notice that no other firm comes close by reading our assurances below.
- Affordable solar solutions
- Long company history
- Great warranty coverage
- Installs many top-tier brands
- Full-service company
- No leases or PPAs accepted
- Large company size sometimes leads to below-average customer service
Florida Solar Products, Inc. is a privately held Florida firm with a segment called Solar Energy Systems. Under the name Solar Electric Systems, it was established in 1979. Robert Zrallack, the company’s general manager, bought the business in 1984 and continues to own and run it now.
The corporate headquarters of Solar Energy Systems, a state-certified solar contracting business (St. Cert. # CVC056637), are situated in St. Lucie County, Florida. Recognized as one of the pioneers in solar technology on a state level. The business has set up more than 14,800 systems both in Florida and in the Bahamas.
The firm specializes in photovoltaic power systems, battery backup power systems, domestic and commercial hot water systems, residential and commercial pool heating, and solar-powered attic ventilation systems. With organizations like SunPower, Panasonic, Canadian Solar, Mission Solar, Heliene, QCell, and Hyundai Photovoltaic Panels, Enphase, Schneider, AP Systems, Solar Edge, SMA, and Outback Power Inverters, Heliocol/SunStar Pool Heaters, Heat Wave, and Gulfstream, Heat Pump Pool Heaters, Solar Energy Systems has established distributor and partnership relationships. Additionally, Rheem, American Standard, and A.O. Smith solar storage tanks, AET and SunEarth hot water domestic collectors, Rheem hybrid heat pump water heaters, and Generac generators for backup power.
The American Solar Energy Society, the Florida Spa and Pool Association, the Florida Solar Energy Industry Association, the Better Business Bureau, the Chamber of Commerce, the Treasure Coast Builders Association, and Solar Energy Systems are all organizations that the company belongs to.
The State Solar Trade Association has recognized Solar Energy Systems by giving it the prestigious “Solar System of the Year” award three times in a row.
- Great customer service
- Certified SunPower dealer
- Relatively affordable
- Many years of experience
- Only one equipment brand offered
- Relatively small service area
Cost of Solar Power in Ocala
In Ocala, solar panels are less expensive than the national average, costing between $2.28 and $2.48 per watt. Depending on the size of your home system, a 250-watt solar panel will cost between $570 and $620, and you’ll need between 20 and 30 panels to be self-sufficient. As a result, your solar panel expenses would likely range between $18,600 and $11,400. Now, I know this sounds like a lot of money, and it is, but there are two things you need to know: #1, the state of Florida has many incentives in place that could lower your initial cost by thousands of dollars; and #2, your solar panels will pay for themselves in Florida more quickly than in many other places.
If you reside in Florida, there are several financial advantages to switching to solar power. Solar panels are a smart investment, even without the sun’s constant illumination of your home, and this is why.
- Net meters
- Credit for Federal Solar Investment
- Real Estate Tax Exemption
- Sales Tax Exemption in Florida
Net meters. In Ocala, net metering returns power to individual houses. They can credit their accounts and resell any extra solar power generated back to the source. When the sun sets at night or if it’s unusually overcast (and you don’t have a backup battery), homeowners may use those credits and avoid paying for the electricity they consume.
When was your energy provider last given you that type of power?
Capital Gains Tax Credit (ITC). The cost of home solar panel arrays might be decreased by 30% thanks to the ITC or solar tax credit. This tax rate is valid for solar power systems put in place through the end of 2032 and is retroactive to arrays put in place before the law’s passing in 2022. In 2033 and 2034, the rate will drop to 26% and 22%, respectively.
Solar Panels Raise Ocala Home Value. The data was unambiguous in two distinct investigations conducted by the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and the Department of Energy and Berkeley Laboratory. For every dollar you save on your utility bill, solar panels typically provide $20 worth of value. So if solar panels enabled you to save $200 each month on your power bill, your property would now be worth an additional $4000.
Furthermore, houses with solar panels often had higher asking prices than houses without. Approximately $4/watt, which, depending on your house and solar system, equals $15,000 for domestic use.
Your house will likely sell more quickly if solar panels are installed. Another NREL research indicated that solar properties sold 20% more quickly and earned around 17% more at closing.
All of this implies that solar panels increase the value of properties in Ocala, Florida. Additionally, residents won’t be required to pay additional taxes on the increased value of their properties as a result of the installation of solar panels.
Tax Exemption on Sales. Another thing in Ocala that you shouldn’t pay for! Due to the rise in value, you will not only be able to sell your house for more money, but you will also avoid paying sales tax on your new solar system (and batteries, if you choose.) Consider how many flights you might purchase at Corkscrew Winery with an additional 6% of your budget!
Any legally enforceable agreement between HOAs or other groups that restricts a property owner from installing solar panels is prohibited by Florida Statute 163.04, the Florida Solar Rights Act. Period. They can try to tell you where to put them on your roof (perhaps the HOA doesn’t want them in plain view). Still, they can’t stop you from installing solar panels on your roof that are the most efficient for you if their preferred location or requirements don’t meet an orientation to the south or within 45° east or west of due south.