Solar energy is an excellent alternative for many individuals in New York, particularly in Buffalo, but it is not suitable for every household. The indicators listed below might help you determine whether your property is a good candidate for solar panel installation:
- Electricity Consumption. The first thing you should think about is how much power your home uses in a typical month. Solar panels save money by lowering your energy cost. Thus the more power you consume, the more money you might save. Although there are no hard and fast requirements, a residence should utilize at least 500 kilowatt-hours in a given month to qualify for solar savings. Because the average residence in New York utilizes 973 kWh, switching to solar energy will be profitable for the vast majority of New Yorkers, at least in terms of energy usage. You may look through your previous power invoices to determine your typical monthly use.
- Solar Panels Cost. Solar equipment will be more economical in New York than in most other states, at $0.14 per watt less than the national average, and your money will go further than usual. Most homes in the region require a 10-kilowatt system, which would cost around $17,640 if the federal tax credit of 30% is applied. Solar panels are more useful in locations with high energy expenses, possibly due to excessive energy usage or high power prices. New York has lower-than-average power prices but higher-than-average energy consumption. As a result, regarding electricity bill measures, New York is around average for solar conversion.
- Solar Panel Payback Period. Many homeowners are unaware that most residential solar solutions pay for themselves in energy savings over time. The time it takes for your solar energy system to pay for itself varies depending on a number of factors, but the typical solar panel payback period in New York is roughly 13 years. This is slightly more than the national average of 12 years. Most solar customers in New York will discover that the payback period for their panels is between 10 and 16 years. Use a solar calculator or a solar installer’s estimate to calculate your payback time, and it is longer than 16 years. It will take you longer to earn back your investment, and your overall ROI will be lower than average.
- Rates of Repurchase. Many jurisdictions have established net metering programs that force utility providers to purchase back surplus energy generated by solar panels. This policy contributes to a shorter payback period and a higher return on investment. New York has an excellent net metering regulation that requires an electricity buy-back scheme and forces solar consumers to purchase energy at 75% of the retail cost. This is expected to lessen with time. Because of New York’s subpar net metering policy, most solar customers have installed a battery backup in addition to their panels. Solar batteries ensure that you get credited at the full retail rate for anything you can store, increasing your savings and ROI. Solar energy storage technologies also offer electricity during outages.
- The Sunlight Your Roof Receives. Solar panels use sunshine to create power, and the amount of electricity your panels produce determines how much money you save. As a result, solar panel systems are most efficient in places with plenty of sunlight. New York is the third greatest state in the US for sun availability, making it an excellent location for solar conversion. However, several issues may render some New York properties unsuitable for solar panel installation. For example, the orientation of your roof may significantly impact panel efficiency, with south-facing roofs being the best and west-facing roofs occasionally being ideal. You will also need to evaluate your roof for daytime shade, and shade from trees or buildings reduces energy output and the total value of your solar system.
Now that you can weigh all pros and cons of solar panels in Buffalo, let’s move to the top-tier solar companies in Buffalo.No posts for this criteria.
Momentum Solar is one of the leading solar companies in Buffalo, New York. The company was founded in 2008 and has grown to become a major regional solar energy provider. As of 2020, Momentum Solar services over 16,000 homes and businesses throughout the area, powering them with clean, reliable solar energy.
Momentum Solar has a mission to reduce the cost of electricity for their customers by an average of 25%, while also helping the environment. To that end, they have invested in state-of-the-art solar panel technology and storage solutions to maximize energy savings and reduce emissions.
Momentum Solar also supports the local community by providing solar energy jobs to over 500 people in Buffalo, New York. This has contributed to the growth of Buffalo’s economy and helped create a more sustainable future for generations to come.
- Most efficient panels on the market
- National coverage
- Cradle to Cradle sustainability certification
- Great warranty coverage
- Customer service varies by local dealer
Tesla Solar in Buffalo, New York, is a shining example of renewable energy success. As part of Tesla’s solar arm, the Buffalo facility produces highly efficient solar panels that are designed to capture the sun’s energy and turn it into electricity. The facility has been in operation since 2017, and it is estimated that the solar panel production has already generated over 2 million megawatt hours of electricity. That is enough energy to power nearly 200,000 homes in the Buffalo area.
Along with providing clean energy, Tesla Solar’s presence in Buffalo has also created hundreds of good-paying jobs for local workers. In addition to the direct jobs in manufacturing, Tesla Solar has also provided hundreds of indirect and induced jobs related to sales, installation, and other supporting roles. The company has also made major investments in its local community, including educational initiatives and charitable contributions. Tesla Solar is a testament to the potential of renewable energy sources, and it is one of many examples of how Buffalo is leading the way toward a more sustainable future. With continued investment and innovation, Tesla Solar will continue to be an integral part of Buffalo’s renewable energy success.
Additionally, Tesla Solar has become a leader in the solar industry through its focus on recycling and sustainability. It is estimated that up to 90% of the materials used during production are recycled or reused. This includes everything from glass and plastic to metals and cardboard. By focusing on reducing waste and increasing efficiency, Tesla Solar can create solar panel production that is both cost-efficient and environmentally friendly.
Tesla Solar is one of our first choices when it comes to solar companies in Buffalo.
- Many financing options
- Family-owned and -operated
- Makes charitable contributions
- Limited service area
- Relatively short workmanship warranty
We offer various services, including design and installation, site study, and feasibility evaluations. Our tailored analytics and reporting data comprise a possible usage evaluation, electrical infrastructure, installation logistics, site circumstances, civil works, permitting, and related expenses.
There are several types of solar panels available for generating solar power. The word photovoltaic (PV) refers to the photoelectric process that occurs when sunlight interacts with the photosensitive materials in the PV cells of a panel.
The firm provides three types of solar power systems:
- Grid-tie. Direct current power is sent to a grid-connected inverter, which monitors the alternating current mains supply waveforms and creates phase-matched power. This device connects the DC electrical system to the mains. Local generating can be ecologically favorable, such as solar. Individuals might install their own system if an ecologically friendly mains supplier is not accessible in their area. A micro-generating facility can begin with a modest system, such as a home wind power production system or a photovoltaic (solar cell) generation system
- Grid Tie with Backup Systems. As a backup system, an off-grid setup will be used. When there is a power outage, a smaller battery bank will only power a few loads. This sort of setup may also include a generator.
- Off-Ggrid. Off-grid solar power systems may be used everywhere. However, they are most prevalent in isolated areas without grid service. These systems offer all of a household’s energy while operating independently of the grid, and that means no electricity bills and no power outages. Off-grid systems can be designed to deliver power even when the sun isn’t shining. However, sizing a system to cover a worst-case situation, like as many overcast weeks during the winter when no ambient light is available, might result in a very big, expensive system that is rarely used to its full potential. We can size the system sensibly to save you money. A generator or hybrid system may be considered to get over those odd sunless stretches.
- Comprehensive service offerings
- Offers products from leading manufacturers
- NABCEP-certified technicians
- Relatively young company
- Slightly limited service area
Buffalo Solar is a locally owned and operated commercial solar panel company with an excellent reputation for dependable, responsive, and personalized customer care. We’re here to assist you through the process, armed with the information you need to optimize your savings and take full advantage of the significant state and federal solar energy tax credits and incentives.
Why Buffalo Solar? The Story of the Company
Tyler Uebelhoer, our President and Founder, understood from the outset that the solar energy sector was for him.
He knew he was born to start a clean energy firm that produced higher value for consumers and more employment for Buffalonians like him after working in the Western New York construction sector and as an electrician for a dozen years and growing up in Wyoming County surrounded by entrepreneurs.
He’s ideal for this business because he seldom sits behind his desk. He’s onsite at clients’ sites performing site evaluations and insightful consultations, elbow-deep in installs, or out in the community creating partnerships with other industry leaders.
Tyler’s wife and co-owner, Alicia Uebelhoer, felt the same way about Tyler’s idea. Alicia has been the face and heart of Buffalo Solar’s marketing and customer service from the beginning, with her quintessentially Canadian people skills of warmth and graciousness.
Tyler and Alicia happily invested their life savings into this endeavor, converting their South Buffalo living room into the first Buffalo Solar office and hiring their first employee, who is still with the firm.
Today, the businesses have expanded beyond their original location and now have access to large, contemporary facilities.
As their roles within the firm have expanded, they continue to enjoy being active, and you’ll frequently find Alicia interacting with customers at local events, while Tyler likes lending a helping hand on the roof.
Alicia and Tyler, as well as their two Husky puppies, Buffalo and Solar, the company’s mascots, are built for each other. Our executives are more than simply business partners; they are also close friends. They grow stronger as a pair with each business challenge they overcome together, and they have built a strong feeling of family in their company.
The 20+ talented hometown residential and commercial teams are as enthusiastic about the clean-energy industry and the business as the founders are. Everyone goes above and beyond to ensure the company’s growth and the best solar experience for clients.
Buffalo Solar was designed specifically for companies and households in Western New York. We are a local firm with consumers that value open communication and helpful employees.
We are devoted to making you feel secure and at ease throughout the process. Our customers become solar energy specialists and feel empowered to make the best choices. We guarantee it. We assist WNY in maintaining its beauty while using renewable energy. We are sincerely committed to building solar systems that not only complement but also delight our clients’ houses!
Buffalo Solar Provides:
- Straightforward answers to all of your inquiries.
- All necessary paperwork to claim your solar energy tax credits.
- Attention without any obligation to buy.
- Lessons on how to prevent blunders and on the techniques that certain energy providers employ.
- Affordable solar solutions
- Long company history
- Great warranty coverage
- Installs many top-tier brands
- Full-service company
- No leases or PPAs accepted
- Large company size sometimes leads to below-average customer service
Greentech Renewables wants to be the most trusted distributor in the renewables business, providing clients with the necessary tools and informational resources to efficiently and cost-effectively design, finance, market, and install PV and energy storage systems. As we seek to build authentic customer relationships, our fundamental principles of “Service, Integrity, and Reliability” help form our culture.
We continue to be a part of Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc., which provides us with the same scale and consistency in supporting the nation’s solar contractors, as well as a history of success in distribution dating back to 1957. We are a national company with over 80 facilities in key solar markets across the United States. In addition to finance, design, and engineering services, our Greentech Renewables warehouses provide substantial on-site inventory and logistical assistance.
We aspire to be the most creative solar distributor, offering equipment and technical services tailored to the specific requirements of solar installers and clients.
We provide you with the finest in the industry. We have a large on-site inventory of modules, inverters, racks, the balance of systems, and storage equipment from the industry’s leading manufacturers. Our equipment has been pre-qualified based on past performance and long-term dependability.
We assist you in reaching your goals. Our devoted team of solar sales specialists is ready to assist you in developing and growing your solar company.
- Great customer service
- Certified SunPower dealer
- Relatively affordable
- Many years of experience
- Only one equipment brand offered
- Relatively small service area
Benefits of Going Solar in Buffalo + Tax Incentives
When you decide to switch to solar energy, you will receive several financial advantages as well as some environmental benefits:
- Savings on Electricity Bills. As previously said, the greatest significant savings you will realize when you switch to solar will be on your utility costs. Solar panels lower or even eliminate your electricity expenditures, resulting in monthly savings. The average New Yorker spends roughly $110.36 per month on power, therefore the maximum potential savings are around $1,324 per year. After paying off the overall cost of your system, these savings are estimated to reach roughly $18,319 in New York over the lifespan of your solar PV equipment. In addition to these enormous savings, you’ll effectively lock in a cheaper power rate for the life of your system, allowing you to prevent future price spikes from your utility provider and save even more.
- Lower Taxes and Access to Incentives. New York is regarded as a solar-friendly jurisdiction, in part because the state and federal governments provide several solar incentives to people. The federal solar tax credit, often known as the ITC, is one of the most beneficial incentives. This is a credit to your federal tax liability for the year your system is installed, and it amounts to a whopping 30% of the cost of installation. In New York, the ITC for solar users is roughly $7,560.The following are some other New York solar incentives:
- Net metering allows you to overproduce energy with your panels and sell the excess to your power company to lower your electric costs. Net metering is required in New York, and the current buy-back rate is 75% of the retail rate.
- New York Energy (NV Energy) Storage Incentive Program: NV Energy provides incentives to customers who install a solar battery alongside their panels in exchange for agreeing to allow the utility provider to utilize the stored energy as needed. Solar Rebate Programs in Your Community: Some utilities, such as NV Energy and Southwest Gas, provide subsidies for solar panel installation to qualified consumers.
- Home Resale Value Rise. Homeowners are frequently astonished to learn how much value solar panels bring to their property. According to Zillow, the average house in the United States will gain 4.1% in value.
- Renewable, Clean Energy. Of course, not all solar benefits are financial, and switching to clean energy is a terrific way to lessen your environmental impact. Installing solar panels will minimize your reliance on your utility provider and, more broadly, on fossil fuels. You’ll lessen your carbon footprint and contribute less to pollution while becoming more energy independent and lowering your energy costs.
Is Solar Worth It, Though?
Solar panels will be a good and worthwhile purchase for most Buffalo households, saving them close to $20,000. However, solar isn’t ideal for every home, so you’ll need to assess your solar viability before installing panels. To do so, examine your usual monthly energy expenditures, expected panel payback length, home orientation, financing choices, and other factors.
We recommend contacting some of the reputable and experienced solar companies in Buffalo for assistance in determining whether solar panels are suitable for you.