Find the Best Solar Installers in Chester, Pennsylvania
Discover companies with proven track records, excellent customer reviews, and a commitment to service and quality. Here’s our curated list of Chester, Pennsylvania’s most reliable solar installers to start your solar journey with confidence.
Seapoint Solar is pleased to have established itself as a market leader and a top innovator, thanks to cutting-edge technologies. Due to its careful and dependable work, emphasis on client education, and top-notch customer service, Seapoint Solar has established a solid reputation as the finest solar panel installation. If you have any inquiries about their process, contact Seapoint Solar through email.
- Competitive Pricing
- High-Quality Equipment
- No Pressure Sales Approach
- Communication Issues
- Unreliable Owner
- Quality Control Issues
|Installation, Financing, Energy Auditing, Roofing, Electrical Contracting, General Contracting, Solar Repair & Maintenance, Community Solar
|monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin-film panels
|lithium ion batteries, lead acid batteries and flow batteries
|NABCEP, SEIA, BBB, ASES
Seapoint Solar is our top choice in with a score of 4.5. Here’s why:
- Started in 2019, they know solar inside and out and really care about their customers.
- They provide a wide range of solar services — Installation, Financing, Energy Auditing, Roofing, Electrical Contracting, General Contracting, Solar Repair & Maintenance, Community Solar — whatever you need to get a system set up and running.
- They work all over NJ, bringing solar energy to local homes and businesses.
- Seapoint Solar is doing quality work, has a good online reputation, and is trusted by locals, as shown by many positive reviews.
Providing specialized solar energy systems and solutions for home and commercial clients, EMT Solar & Roofing is a full-service solar energy and roofing business. In addition to consultancy and design services, the business also provides installation, monitoring, and maintenance services. EMT Solar & Roofing takes great pleasure in offering its clients the best possible service, goods, and workmanship.
- Limited Reach
- Limited Battery Storage
|DE, NJ, PA
|Installation, Financing, Roofing, Solar Repair & Maintenance
|Monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin film panels.
|Lithium-ion, flow, and lead-acid systems.
|NABCEP, HERS, BPI, UL, OSHA, ICC, GAF, LEED
EMT Solar & Roofing is our top choice in with a score of 4.8. Here’s why:
- Started in 2018, they know solar inside and out and really care about their customers.
- They provide a wide range of solar services — Installation, Financing, Roofing, Solar Repair & Maintenance — whatever you need to get a system set up and running.
- They work all over DE, NJ, PA, bringing solar energy to local homes and businesses.
- EMT Solar & Roofing is doing quality work, has a good online reputation, and is trusted by locals, as shown by many positive reviews.
Established in 1999 by husband-and-wife team Robert and Mae LaRoy, the company is based on the ideals of providing excellent service at a reasonable price. It has become common knowledge that RCL Enterprises is the best company in New Jersey for installing solar panels. We provide a straightforward, low-cost solution for going solar and reducing your monthly power bill in half.
- Commitment to provide high quality solutions
- Comprehensive Resources for Solar Energy Solutions
- Educational programs such as Solar Academy
- Limited availability in some regions
- High installation cost for large systems
- Possible additional costs
|installation of solar panels, roofing, concreting, landscaping and electrical services
|mono-crystalline, poly-crystalline, and thin-film solar panels
|Lithium-ion and lead-acid batteries
RCL Enterprises is our top choice in with a score of 4.8. Here’s why:
- Started in 1999, they know solar inside and out and really care about their customers.
- They provide a wide range of solar services — installation of solar panels, roofing, concreting, landscaping and electrical services — whatever you need to get a system set up and running.
- They work all over NJ, bringing solar energy to local homes and businesses.
- RCL Enterprises is doing quality work, has a good online reputation, and is trusted by locals, as shown by many positive reviews.
Until recently, solar energy was prohibitively expensive. Installing a solar electric system allows you to generate income from clean, renewable solar energy while also reducing your carbon footprint.
- Experienced Team
- Experienced and reputable company
- Customized solar solutions
- Competitive market
- Limited geographic presence
|DE, MD, PA
|Installation, Financing, Energy Auditing, Electrical Contracting, Solar Repair & Maintenance
|monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin-film solar panels
|BBB, NABCEP, OSHA
CMI Solar & Electric is our top choice in with a score of 4.6. Here’s why:
- Started in 1998, they know solar inside and out and really care about their customers.
- They provide a wide range of solar services — Installation, Financing, Energy Auditing, Electrical Contracting, Solar Repair & Maintenance — whatever you need to get a system set up and running.
- They work all over DE, MD, PA, bringing solar energy to local homes and businesses.
- CMI Solar & Electric is doing quality work, has a good online reputation, and is trusted by locals, as shown by many positive reviews.
Ad Energy It was assisting homeowners and businesses in New Jersey with their solar energy conversion needs since 2009. By paying close attention to every step of the process, we are able to provide the quickest installation timeframes in New Jersey (as confirmed by the BBB), which translates to even greater savings on your monthly energy costs. On average, our solar consultants have been in the business for over eight years. Learn more about the benefits of solar power by consulting with one of our experts now.
- wide range of solar panels systems
- individual power supply solutions
- experienced technicians
- solar panel systems can be more expensive than other brands
- do not offer financing options for their products
- customer service may not be available in all regions
|Installation, Financing, Roofing, Electrical Contracting, Solar Repair & Maintenance
|monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin-film solar panels
Ad Energy is our top choice in with a score of 4.1. Here’s why:
- Started in 2009, they know solar inside and out and really care about their customers.
- They provide a wide range of solar services — Installation, Financing, Roofing, Electrical Contracting, Solar Repair & Maintenance — whatever you need to get a system set up and running.
- They work all over NJ, PA, bringing solar energy to local homes and businesses.
- Ad Energy is doing quality work, has a good online reputation, and is trusted by locals, as shown by many positive reviews.
Use the Search Form to find more local solar installers in your area. Enter the Address or Zip Code and choose the distance range from your location.
How Much Can Solar Panels Save Me in Chester, Pennsylvania?
Finding out how much you can save on solar in Pennsylvania is not a straightforward answer. It depends on several factors, including the solar billing of your utility company, the size of a potential solar system on your roof, and your household’s energy consumption. While most solar installers will try to cover all your electricity needs, the actual savings will depend on your home’s unique conditions. To get a personal estimate of how much you could potentially save by going solar, fill out a simple form on our website, use Google’s Project Sunroof solar savings calculator, or consult with a couple of local solar installation companies for a personalized savings calculation.
Solar Financing Explained
You can pay for solar panels in a couple of ways.
- Installer solar loans
- Personal loans
- Cash-out refinance or HELOC
- Solar Leases or Power Purchase Agreements (PPA)
First, there is a cash purchase, which in most cases provides the best price and long-term savings, but the upfront payment is not always what you can afford. If you want to own your solar panels and don’t have about $15,000 to $20,000 in the bank, you’ll have to choose solar panel financing.
You can consider a personal loan, a home equity line of credit, or a solar loan offered by the solar company. However, keep in mind that these loans come with interest and additional fees. Solar loans often are tied to dealer fees, which can increase the total cost of your solar system by 20% or more in exchange for a lower interest rate. To ensure you get the best possible deal, it is wise to compare the dealer fees and interest rates offered by different installers. This way, you can make an informed decision based on the most favorable terms available.
Some companies offer solar leases or PPAs that require zero upfront cost. But in such case, you don’t own solar panels and you are not eligible for any solar rebates or the federal tax credit. And, because you have to pay the solar company monthly, your total solar savings will be lower. Ask for detailed savings calculations from a solar installer to decide on the best option. In most cases, you will still be paying less for electricity.
Frequently Asked Questions
How We Rank Solar Installers
Our main goal is to provide homeowners like you with top-rated solar companies you can trust. Our solar experts analyzed thousands of local and nationwide installers to get to the bottom of who is best in a specific location. The solar company ranking methodology is based on gathering input from homeowner surveys, consulting with industry experts, and extensive research into the solar energy market. Here are the things we believe are the most important to consider when choosing a solar company.
In short, here’s how we pick top installers:
- Company that has been in business for over five years as it indicates stability, reliability, and successful installations.
- Local solar companies over big national ones covering multiple areas as they can provide better personal attention and know more about the solar needs and regulations in their area.
- Companies with hands-on experience and a wealth of projects under their belt are more likely to deliver efficient and timely installations that cater to specific customer needs.
- Companies that handle their own installations instead of outsourcing to subcontractors ensure a higher caliber of work and nurture a culture of excellence and accountability in service.
- The company is licensed, insured, and holds relevant certifications such as NABCEP certification.
- Companies that offer a wide selection of high-quality solar panels and related products and work with reputable brands.
- Companies that provide flexible financing options such as solar loans, leases, or power purchase agreements.
- Installers that provide substantial workmanship warranties and system performance guarantees.
Read more: Our Methodology.
What to Look for In a Solar Company:
To ensure that you partner with a great provider that can meet your needs of going solar, look for the following:
- Make sure the solar installer has industry-standard certifications, such as those from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), indicating that they meet the gold standard in renewable energy installations. Also, verify if they are licensed, bonded, and insured for residential solar projects in your area. If subcontractors are involved, check their credentials as well.
- Prioritize installers with a proven track record in solar installations, ideally with at least 5+ years of experience. Ask about the number of systems they’ve installed and their project portfolio. A competent installer should openly discuss the solar panels, inverters, and batteries they use if they help to take advantage of local solar incentives and rebates, and warranty coverage specifics.
- Your installer should be forthcoming about the installation process and answer any questions you might have, like “How many solar panels will I need? Why?”, “Can you give me a detailed cost breakdown based on my energy consumption?”, “What solar panel brands do you install? Why?”, etc. They should also be transparent about their use of subcontractors, detailing their roles and how their work will be supervised.
- A preliminary evaluation of your roof’s condition is the groundwork. The installer should advise on necessary repairs to ensure it’s ready for solar panel installation and clarify responsibilities for any potential roof damage during the process. Discuss aesthetic concerns, such as the placement of solar panels around roof vents or the possibility of relocating vents for a more visually appealing setup.
- Check the installer’s reputation through online reviews and testimonials. They should be able to connect you with past customers willing to share their experiences. Personal recommendations from friends or neighbors who’ve gone solar can also be invaluable.
- Solar installation costs can vary widely, so obtaining multiple quotes is advisable. Experienced installers will adjust their offers to your home’s specifics—size, energy needs, etc. For an objective cost comparison, calculate the price per watt of the proposed system, giving you a standardized basis to evaluate different quotes.
Should You Choose a Local Solar Installer or a Big National Company?
Always choose a local solar company over a big national corporation. Small local companies that operate in a distinct local area are better than multistate and national solar companies and large corporations. It’s the small local companies that get the best reviews on our website, and it’s the national multistate companies that get very poor reviews. Why so, you may ask?
Solar is a local service business, for the most part, and it is extremely difficult to run a solar company and offer good customer service to many locations from a central office.
Local ones have a community connection, they know better the incentives and regulations in the area, and they simply care more about you than large businesses trying to get into your pocket and overprice you. While multistate solar companies might try to convince you by financial stability and “quality of installations across different locations”, try to choose a local company that meets all your criteria.
What Does a Solar Installation in Chester, Pennsylvania Look Like?
Here’s how a solar system installation will look like once the design for your solar system is approved:
- First, a solar installer should estimate your energy needs and analyze your annual and monthly electricity consumption, which you can find on utility bills measured in kilowatt-hours (kWh). Such calculations will help to understand potential savings, payback period, and the system size you need.
- A home energy audit is something every experienced solar company would do to understand the size and output needed.
- Next question on the list: are your house’s roof conditions good enough for installation? A solar installer should carefully inspect the roof and ensure its conditions and orientation are good to go, how and where to better place solar panels and wire the system.
- Next, they will design the system and show you how it’s going to look.
- You will usually need a permit to install solar panels from your local authorities, and the solar provider should handle all the paperwork.
- The entire process might take up to 3 months, depending on the state and local regulations, while the system installation is usually up to 3 days (might take longer depending on roof conditions and system complexity).
- The installation crew should always clean up and remove any debris, leaving your house in good condition.
- When the system is installed, it should be checked and approved by local municipality inspection.
- If you’re connecting your system to the grid, it has to be wired to your local utility system. You’ll apply for connection through your utility company, which will also want to inspect your system to ensure it’s following utility guidelines. Some installers may help you with this step, so always ask. Once you have all the permits, your system will be up and running, powering your home with solar.