How To Pick a Solar Company in Utah and Save Money?
1. Market Credentials: Validate they're long-standing players in the Utah energy market. Reputable firms boast strong BBB ratings.
2. Cost Breakdown: Delve into the company's pricing structure. Colorado's energy costs saw a 4% drop in 2020-Q3, translating into substantial savings.
3. Green Compliance: Confirm adherence to Utah's unique eco-friendly initiatives, such as Rural Renewal Energy Alliance (RREA).
4. Attractive ROI: Solar yields promise significant returns. EnergySage reports suggest a whopping 20% increase in property value with them.
5. Tech Adaptability: Ensure they use up-to-date technology. The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) reports a 43% tech efficiency rise since 2016.
6. State Incentives: Consider firms that utilize Utah's solar incentive programs like the Utah Solar Incentive Program.
7. Customer Service: Jugde by customer reviews and ratings. Data from Utah's Consumer Protection Division reported a 50% decline in customer complaints for solar companies in 2019.
8. Climate Specifics: Recognize Utah's unique solar potential - approx 300 sunny days a year per National Renewable Energy Laboratory data.
9. Regulation Adherence: Check compliance with Utah-specific solar laws and regulations - crucial for hassle-free installations.
10. Professional Accreditation: Verify their North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification - the gold standard for solar companies.
How Much Electricity Solar Panels Generate In Utah?
Utah's sunny climate, with around 300 sunny days annually, facilitates solar power generation. The typical Utah solar panel system size is 5 kilowatts, producing roundly 19.74 kWh/day or approximately 7,200 kWh/year. The high-altitude, combined with approximately 237 sunny days, ensures optimal solar energy productivity.
However, production can fluctuate depending on the season. For instance, during summer, you can expect about 30.65 kWh/day with long sunny days. Conversely, Utah's winter, with fewer daylight hours, can yield around 10.54 kWh/day.
Specifically, Salt Lake City records an irradiance level of 5.77 kWh/m2/day, suggesting high solar energy potential. Also, thanks to Utah's net metering laws, excessive electricity goes back to the grid for later usage. Clearly, Utah's geographical and climatic characteristics uniquely favor solar power harnessing.
Find best solar installers in Utah
1555 North Freedom Blvd, Provo UT, 84604 71.2 mi
1555 Freedom Blvd 200 W, Provo UT, 84604 71.3 mi
350 S 900 E St, Orem UT, 84097 73.7 mi
Average Cost of Solar Installation in Utah by System Size
System Size (UT)
(After tax credit)
(After tax credit)
What To Look For in a Solar Installer?
1. Keep Utah's Solar Access Laws in mind. They protect your right to harness sunlight for energy.
2. Check the company's performance data. Numbers don't lie and should signify a trustworthy partner.
3. Regulations matter. Make sure their installation aligns with Utah's Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
4. Consider climate. Utah, with 237 sunny days a year, favours solar energy.
5. Keep track of incentives. Utah's Renewable Energy Systems Tax Credit makes solar energy affordable.
6. Licensing is vital. Ensure your installer has a Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing certification.
7. Classification is key. Installers must hold an S200 - Electrical Contractor classification.
8. Beware of false promises. Reliable firms won't guarantee unreasonable utility bill cuts.
9. Net metering regulations vary. Ensure your partner knows the local rules.
10. Get many quotes. Utah's diverse solar market encourages competitive pricing.
11. Maintenance and warranty details matter. Installations last 25-30 years on average, so secure your investment.
12. Always verify references. A strong reputation in Salt Lake City doesn't equate to success in St. George.
These in-depth insights can help Utah locals make informed decisions when picking a solar installer.
Is It Worth Investing in Solar in Utah?
Utah, a state boasting over 300 sunny days annually, proves a promising market for solar investment. Solar capacity here stands at 1,638 MW, citing the Solar Energy Industries Association. This equates to powering 257,000 homes, reflecting a whopping 17.2% increment over the previous year. The federal investment tax credit caters to about 26% of total system costs, enhancing affordability substantially.
Additionally, Utah regulations allow net metering. It lets customers offset their electric bill through energy exported by their solar systems. IBM's study asserts a 7-year average payback period for most solar systems, a compelling example of high ROI. Furthermore, the state's Renewable Energy Systems Tax Credit covers 25% of eligible system costs, up to $1,200.
Environmental considerations also factor in. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, Utah's air quality index hints at the need for clean energy. Solar power, a zero-emission solution, addresses this concern efficiently.
However, Utah ranks 28th in solar jobs per capita, despite being tenth in installed solar capacity per SEIA data. This delta signals potential for growth and job creation in the solar sector. Consequently, investment in solar power in Utah serves dual interests of environmental betterment and economic growth.
How Solar-Friendly Is Utah?
Utah ranks splendidly for solar power usage, sitting comfortably at 10th nationwide. Regulatory provisions elevate its desirability. The state law permits net metering. This results in substantial returns on solar investments. Utah also boasts 300+ sunny days annually, boosting system efficiency. With a prices-fall of 45% over the past five years, solar is now 20% cheaper than grid electricity. Furthermore, home value increment due to solar installations averages at $4,020 per installed kW. Key incentives like federal solar tax credit, granting 26% off the system cost, sweeten the deal. Utah's state solar tax credit chips in a further $1,600. Remarkably, statistics report 6,304 solar jobs in Utah, reflecting the sector’s vibrant growth. In sum, Utah's inviting climate, supportive regulations, and financial incentives foster a booming solar market.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the most important factors to consider in Utah State?
First off, consider the sun-soaked aspect of your property. This determines your solar potential. Next, jot down your energy usage patterns. It fuels the system size estimation. Then, delve into the government's solar incentives. This can ensure a quicker pay-off. Now, weigh up the installation costs. It's imperative for financial planning. Lastly, inspect the credibility of the solar installer. Top-notch services create a solar powerhouse. Remember, these five aspects are key to a profitable solar journey in Utah. Maximizing them helps you harness the power of the sun like a true champ.
- How do I find the most affordable solar installer in Utah State?
Start by comparing costs among multiple local solar installer firms. Check their online reviews and credibility. Be alert for special deals and bundling offers, often viable money-savers. Request multiple quotes to leverage competitive pricing. Assess energy-saving projections for cost-effectiveness over time. Don't underestimate the value of a solid warranty. Seek out installers offering quality service at the best price. Always consider the long-term return on your solar investment. Remember cheap doesn't always mean good. A cost-benefit analysis may lead you to the most affordable options. In conclusion, informed decision-making is key to finding affordable solar installers in Utah.
- Which companies did we not choose for the best in Utah State?
While curating our stellar list of top-notch Utah solar installers, we had some tough calls. We only feature powerhouses that excel in customer satisfaction, product quality, and service delivery. Some contenders couldn't make the cut, not necessarily because they're subpar, but they just didn't match our lofty league. Their exclusion was a call made to maintain the integrity of our ranking and assure you of exceptional solar solutions. We're talking about cream-of-the-crop, best-of-the-best here, folks! So, rest easy knowing we've got your back in the pursuit of uncompromised solar excellence.